To support and assist the Nkomazi Municipality Conservation Department within Marloth Park with their management strategies and objectives while being an effective volunteer group.
Our purpose is to ensure that Marloth Park and Lionspruit will remain a sustainable urban conservation environment for all stake holders.
Who Are We
The Marloth Park Honorary Rangers are a group of volunteer property owners who offer their time, expertise and resources while working to a code of conduct for the benefit of conservation and the environment in Marloth Park and Lionspruit.
What we do
- Control of alien plants
- Advise property owners on veld management
- Promote an awareness of nature conservation and the environment through education
- Inspection of building sites
- Monitor and protect municipal Park Land
- Raise funds for conservation projects
- Maintain conservation and tourist infrastructure in Marloth Park and Lionspruit
- Assist with game management, game counts and cull planning
- Reptile removal from homes
- Projects to reduce litter
- Manage human footprint along the river frontage
- Assist at entrance gates during peak holiday seasons
- Educational bush and bird walks
- Assist with fire control and disaster management